“Success is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret to winning.”- Denis Waitley
Want to win in life?
If your answer is yes, then you have to be extra. We live in a world where everyone aspires to be great but refuses to put in just a little bit more. Mediocrity is the disease that plagues human innovation. You cannot expect your life to be great and successful if you are not willing to put in extra.
So what is “extra”?
Extra is meeting the marked expectation and then going above and beyond. Being extra means always being present and always giving your best. Sometimes people tell me I do too much, but what is living if there is no passion. Your passion births your “extra”. The extra time, the extra effort, the extra push and the extra results. Without passion you cannot succeed. My daily personal motto is “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human.” Every day, I ask God to give me the grace to live with passion so I can please Him with my life. We were designed for greatness and I want to make sure I spend my time on earth living passionately.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human.”- Colossians 3:23
Sometimes, you might be shamed for being extra because people are so used to mediocrity that they are uncomfortable with extra. Do not mind them. Keep going! I cannot tell you how many times people get uncomfortable when I try to do the most. BUT… I do the most anyways. I am glad that I do the most because I want to make sure I release my magic into everything I touch. I always strive to put in my best effort because I am a passionate being. Passionate people will always succeed because their hustle is pure, original and extraordinary.
Are you tired of mediocrity? Here are a few reasons why you should embrace being extra:
- You start to live passionately: Your perspective of life changes dramatically. You realize there is more to life than the same old minimal approach to your work life, school life and even your personal life. When you are extra, you become intentional and you become more passionate about life.
- You develop amazing self-confidence: When you’re passionate, you become confident in yourself and your abilities. Being extra releases a confidence that cannot be hidden because you are constantly striving to put your best every time.
- Your work ethic will be popping: If you are putting your best into everything you do, your work ethic will be amazing. You become your own competition because you want to out do yourself every time.
- You will produce great work: When your work ethic is popping, of course your work is gonna be amazing! People will start to notice your effort because your work will stand out from the pack.
- You will always win: Winning to the “extra” person is becoming a better version of themselves. If you are constantly putting your best, you are a winner!
I hope you embrace being extra. Always put in your best effort and watch your life transform. Be inspired, Be intentional and Be EXTRA!