“I love my hair because it’s a reflection of my soul. It’s dense, it’s kinky, it’s soft, it’s textured, it’s difficult, it’s easy and it’s fun. That’s why I love my hair.” -Tracee Ellis Ross
I LOVE MY NATURAL HAIR!!
It took me a really long time to say these words because I did not have a relationship with my hair. Yes! You heard right… relationship. Prior to becoming natural, I barely spent time getting to know my hair. She was neglected, alone and unloved! And YET, I expected my hair to grow. Ladies, you only get what you put in and if you’re not taking the time to learn about your hair, you cannot expect to grow!
I have 4c hair and I’m prone to a lot of damage because of how tight my coils are. This is where moisturizing comes into play. I aim to moisturize my hair 2-3 times per week. Since I’ve been consistently moisturizing my hair, I’ve noticed a lot of positive changes:
- Less Breakage and Damage
- Less Pain While Styling or Manipulating Hair
- Length Retention
- Shiny and Glossy Finish
- Soft and Fluffy
Here Are The Products That I Use to Moisturize My Hair:
- California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive OilI typically get this item from my local Walmart. You can also purchase it on here: BUY OLIVE OIL
- Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk: You can get this from HEB or Sally’s Store. To purchase online, click here: BUY HAIR MILK
- Miss Jessie’s Leave-In Conditioner Again, you can purchase this at HEB store. To buy online, click here: BUY LEAVE IN CONDITIONER HERE
- Mane Like Me Hair and Scalp Oil & Moisturizing Hair Pudding
You can purchase these item here: BUY MANE LIKE ME
- Eco Style Professional Gel with Argan Oil I get this product from HEB. You can purchase it online here: BUY ECO STYLE GEL
- Spritz Bottle with WaterYou can GET this bottle from any beauty supply store. To purchase online, click here: BUY SPRITZ BOTTLE
- Hair Tools Include: Hair Tie, Wide Tooth Comb, Afro Pick Comb, Hair Scarf, Wig Cap and Toothbrush.
To learn how I use these tools to moisturize and style my hair, please watch my tutorial video on YouTube here: HAIR TUTORIAL VIDEO
WATCH VIDEO HERE: HAIR TUTORIAL VIDEO
Please leave your comments and thoughts below!