“It’s not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something.” – Winston S. Churchill
Believing is one thing. Action is a completely different ball game. As a Christian, prayer is a very critical part of my life. And I’m not talking about the cry on the altar, get sanctified prayer. I’m talking about prayers in the shower, in my car, while I’m working, thinking…living basically. These days I’ve found my self praying more than ever in my daily routine. I’m hungry for success and I’m praying hard that my efforts will yield profit.
Sometimes, I get so heavy in my thoughts but my mum always encourages me to live like my prayers have been answered. In my mind, I was thinking how am I supposed to act like my prayers have been answered when I’m nowhere close to that reality.
In doubt, I took her advice and decided to change my approach. Instead of focusing on what I lacked, I started to thank God for the victory I’m yet to receive.
This changed my decision making and helped me see things from the perspective of someone who has already succeeded.
Here are some things that changed when I changed my perspective.
- My Stress Impact Reduced: I was pumping cortisol like crazy! When I started to act like my prayers were answered, I started sleeping a little better and I was in a calmer state. My faith began to trump my fears.
- I Started To Come Up With Brilliant Ideas: It’s crazy how thinking you’re successful actually makes you successful. My mind started to focus on coming up with solutions rather than sulking in defeat.
- I Started to Execute Rather Than Complain: Action is so important because it keeps you motivated and energize. When you put your plans in motion and execute them, you start to see results. These results motivate you to keep going because it focuses on the possibility of success.
- I Shifted My Reality: When you envision yourself living your wildest dream, you gain an extraordinary confidence that’ll make you feel like you can achieve anything you want. God gave us the ability to create the life we want. I see myself being a millionaire one day so I read lots of books about millionaires and learn from their experiences and advice.
- I Found Joy In The Midst of A Storm: Let’s face it, life is not easy when you have limitations such as money, time, failures and more. However, it is possible to choose joy in the midst of the storm. You have to have faith that your current reality is not your final destination. Keep going and be happy.
I hope you found this blog insightful and you’re inspired to live like your prayers have been answered. No matter where you are in your life, be grateful to God. Thanks for reading beauties! Until next time, you can keep up with me on Instagram @iam_Deborah.