“Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
I want it, I need it and here’s how to get it! Hi, and welcome to my blog aka The Land of Deborah Queen. This particular blog was actually inspired by a conversation I had with an 11-year old girl at my last Redefining BEAUTY workshop. She expressed how she struggled with low self-esteem and it makes it harder to make friends or feel comfortable in public spaces. I was really touched by her words and I know many 20, 30, 40+ year olds that also struggle with confidence.
Confidence is important in our success. We need to know that we’re qualified and have what it takes to be a great friend, boss, employee, father, mother etc. If you’d like to learn more about how to become more confident, keep reading!
Here Are Some Tips To Help You Become More Confident:
- Know That You Were Created For A Purpose: Nothing happens under the sun by mistake. God created you and designed you for greatness and he loves you so much. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14.
- You Are Worthy Of Love: The number one thing people crave in this world is love. However, we sometimes feel like we’re not worthy of love and that can be very crippling to our confidence. In my personal journey with self-love, I have to treat myself like I was valuable and loveable. The way I treated myself started to show in how I treated other people, which made them treat me in love. It’s a ripple effect.
- Take Time To Reflect And Learn From Mistakes: Reflection is so critical to growth! I cannot say it enough because you will not grow if you keep making the same mistakes without thinking of a better outcome. Do not allow your mistakes define you and make the effort to avoid putting yourself in situations or relationships built on degrading your self-esteem.
- Put in The Effort To Be More Efficient With Your Skills: Practice makes perfect. There are so many talented people who sit on their talents and fail to develop them. Do not be this person. This will diminish your confidence. Make time to practice and get better at the things you’re good at. In my life, I love writing so I started a blog to practice my skills. What talents could you develop?
- Practice Self Love Daily: I’m the Queen of hyping myself daily. However, I’m also the Queen of correcting myself when I’m wrong. Both of these are forms of practicing self-love. Love without discipline is not love. Make sure you hype and correct yourself as necessary!
I hope you found this blog insightful and I hope you incorporate these tips to your daily life. How do you develop self-confidence in your life? Thanks for reading beauties! Until next time, you can keep up with me on Instagram @iam_Deborah.