“New Orleans is unlike any city in America. It’s cultural diversity is woven into the food, the music, the architecture – even the local superstitions. It’s a sensory experience on all levels and there’s a story lurking around every corner.” – Ruta Sepetys
If you keep up with my travel blogs, you’d know this is round two of NOLA. I got a different experience this time and I cannot be more in love with New Orleans.
Y’all I absolutely love traveling with my best friends Tiffany, Jasmine and Colby. They are my soul mates for real.
We celebrated Tiffany’s birthday weekend and it was amazing! We took a road trip from Houston, TX to New Orleans, LA. Due to traffic, it took us a little over 6 hours but we had fun riding together. Once we go there, we hit the streets and lived it up until we had to return back to Houston.
WHERE DID WE STAY?
We lodged at Domio Hotel which is a luxury apartment style hotel. We found this beautiful place via Airbnb. For 4 people, we paid approximately $300 per night. This apartment hotel was breathtaking. When we got there, we were filled with soo much joy because the picture we saw on the internet did not do it justice. We had an open space living room and fully equipped kitchen, two gorgeous bedrooms, two bathrooms and a laundry room with washer and dryer.
The hotel also had a gorgeous rooftop pool.
The pool was definitely a WHOLE vibe. We were there for almost half of the day.
WHAT DID WE EAT?
We ate so good! Even though my friends tried to starve me haha!
- Willies’ Chicken Shack: I had the dark meat plate with fries and the best darn biscuit I’ve ever had! Omg!! I wish I could go back and have those biscuits.
- Mr. Ed’s Oyster Bar & Fish House: The cheese burger po’boy was okay but the seafood gumbo definitely hit the spot!
- Café Du Monde: Y’all know this from the last NOLA blog. It’s delicious and this time around, it was better than the last time. A good thing to note about this place is they only take cash.
- Dat Dog: This place was too good! I got the crawfish ettoufee dog and the alligator sausage dog. It was the best hotdog I’ve ever tasted in my life. They basically serve gourmet hotdogs.
- Elizabeth’s Restaurant: You have to go here!!! This place was straight fire. I got the boudin special which was served with crawfish ettoufee and poached eggs and a side of grits and hash browns. I also got a banana foster French toast and I had zero regrets.
- Loretta’s Authentic Praline: Y’all Ms. Loretta is a whole vibe!! She encouraged us and spoke the word of God into our lives. Her praline beignets are bomb as well as her sweet potato pies and cookies!
WHAT DID WE DO?
We honestly did everything you should do while traveling. We explored the city, danced the night away, ate, laughed, swam, made new friends and just lived our best life. If you want to see a list on more activities to do in NOLA, check out this blog.
I hope you explore this city one day and have as much fun as we did. Here are some more photos from our trip!
I hope this blog encourages you to say yes to adventure and travel with your best friends. I believe life is meant to be lived to the fullest! Explore while you still have the zeal and energy. Visiting NOLA soon? I’d love to hear your experiences!
Thanks for reading beauties! Until next time, you can keep up with me on Instagram @iam_Deborah.
2 thoughts on “NOLA Girl’s Trip (Round 2)”
Omg that hotel is everything! 😍😍😍 And I love y’alls friendship. I can’t wait to travel with my girlfriends like this! Sigh, life. Just do damn busy 😭 but I loved reading this. Your pictures are so beautiful and vibrant as always. 🥰
Awww!!! Thank you! The hotel was a WHOLE vibe! Honestly can’t wait to go back again. And yes, life gets soo busy! But hopefully there’s an opportunity to travel soon!