“Living one’s life as if it is a competition between oneself and others, is an inevitable path to a stressful life.” ―
Don’t waste your time competing with other people. Seriously, just stop because this is probably one of the reasons you find yourself stuck and unhappy with your life. We live in a world where envy is the bondage that pulls us to compete with other people. The reality of life is there will always be someone better, wealthier, smarter, more beautiful, fitter etc. than you. Everyone has their own path and this life is not a one size fits all kind of life.
You need to pause and reflect on why competing with others is the worst thing you can do at any stage of your life. Now, I’m not saying your should not admire others and have role models. What I’m saying is you need to guard your heart and mind from the spirit of competing and comparing your life with everyone else. The real competition is you vs. you. You’re the only common denominator between your past, current and future self. You need to understand that you are the only person you need to be competing with because when you challenge yourself, you’ll always win because you become better than you were yesterday.
Here Are The Things You Need To Compete With:
- Your Ego: You need to get out of your way. Seriously, your ego is the reason why you won’t admit you need help or challenge yourself to want better and do better. You think you’re all that and you don’t need anything else. You’re wrong love. You need to put your pride aside and learn to do better.
- Your Unhealthy Habits: It’s so easy to blame everyone else for bad things that are happening to you rather than recognizing those bad things are as a result of your unhealthy habits. You procrastinate and fall behind on work and your life. You stress eat so you get depressed because you’re adding weight. You fail to set healthy boundaries and you blame everyone for walking all over you. You fail to put in effort in school and wonder why you can’t pass your test.
- Your Procrastination: Stop putting things off! There will never be a perfect time! I used to struggle with finding the perfect time to do anything because I wanted my work product to be perfect. The truth about life is perfection does not exist. All we have is right now and we need to just start. Your rough draft does not have to be the final product. Just start and stop procrastinating.
- Your Victim Mentality: There are tough situations that drag us into depression and pull us into a dark hole. Some people experience worse things than others and I get how tough it can be. However, you can’t pause your life just because bad things happened to you. You are a survivor and you need to understand that though you cannot control the things that happen to you, you can control how you react to those things. Let go of the baggage from the past and thrive like the survivor that you are. God has and will continue to give you the strength to over come your baggage daily if you let Him.
- Your Negative Mindset: How do you expect your life to be positive when you fill it with negativity? One thing I firmly believe in is the law of attraction. You attract what you proclaim physically and mentally. This is where faith comes to play in your life. You need to fill your mind with positive and inspirational things. I follow so many pages on Instagram that fill my timeline with love, light and joy. I also read books that inspire growth. I try to protect my mind as best as I can because I know it is my greatest weapon. Change your mindset to change your life.
- Your Lack Of Boundaries: People will go as far as you let them. You need to set boundaries for yourself if you want to become your best self. Boundaries will protect your spirit, mood, mindset and relationships. You need to prioritize this aspect of your life daily. You hold the leash in your life and you should not let anything that will bring you down attack your existence.
- Your Unwillingness To Want and Do Better: I saved the best for the last because this is crucial! This is probably the most important thing you need to compete with. If you are not willing to do better, you simply will not do better. You have to want good things for your life. You must crave excellence to live your best life. Figure out what you want in your life and decide to do better.
I hope you found this blog insightful and I hope this inspires you to compete with yourself daily. What are some things in your life that you can compete with to get yourself to the next level? Thanks for reading beauties! Until next time, you can keep up with me on Instagram @iam_Deborah.
2 thoughts on “The Real Competition Is With Yourself”
This was inspiring to read Deborah. Nice blog you have here.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much!